Indigo® Credit Card Review 2019: A Good Card For Bad Credit?
Most credit cards require high credit scores in order to qualify. The problem is that more than 30% of Americans suffer from bad credit problems. A bad credit score can be caused by various different factors such as late payments, unpaid debts, high credit utilizations and more. This makes it difficult on users with bad credit to qualify for credit cards or other types of financing.
It would be ideal if you never lowered your credit score, but for those who are already in that position there are a few options you may have:
- One of the best ways to improve your credit score is signing up for a secured credit card. The only problem people have with it is that it requires a security deposit, which ends up being your credit limit for most cards.
- The other solution is applying for a credit card such as the Indigo credit card, which accepts users with less than perfect credit scores. These cards don’t require a security deposit, but may have low credit limits & high yearly fees.
“Many of the listings that appear on this website are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products.”
Here are some of the most important benefits of the Indigo card:
- You can qualify even if your credit score is less than perfect.
- Pre-qualifying for this card does NOT affect your credit score.
- 24/7 access to your card transactions & online account.
- Account history is reported to 3 major credit bureaus, which may help improve your credit score with on time payments.
- No security deposit required.
Full Indigo® Credit Card Review:
- ANNUAL FEE: $75 the first year, $99 thereafter.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: $0. None. Nada.
- REWARDS: No rewards.
- CREDIT LIMIT: Low credit limits.
- APR: 24.90% for purchases.
- LATE FEES: Up to $39.
- INTERNATIONAL FEES: 1%.
Other Indigo® Credit Card Frequently Asked Questions:
A) Can I qualify if I have a bad credit score?
Although Indigo doesn’t approve all users, one of their biggest benefits is the fact that they work with users with less than perfect credit scores.
Indigo® says it considers all credit histories and reviews on their website indeed reflect that consumers with very low credit ratings often get approved for an Indigo® card.
B) Does it help build my credit?
YES! Indigo® reports to all 3 credit bureaus. With responsible spending and on-time payments, you can grow your credit score.
But the opposite happens if you don’t make timely payments. So in order to positively impact your score, make sure to always pay on time.
C) What are the requirements to apply & where to apply?
Great question! All you need to apply for an Indigo® credit card is the info below:
- To be eligible for the Indigo® card, you must be at least 18 years old and have a social security number.
- If you would like to apply to the Indigo® card please click here.
- Uncategorized (8)